Join Our Team Today!
Looking for an exciting career change? Join Operation Stand Down RI – the non-profit organization that helps individuals achieve their professional goals. Whether you’re a veteran or not, we’re here to empower you to unlock your full potential and make a positive impact on your life and the lives of others. Don’t wait any longer – start your journey towards an exhilarating career with us today!
Purpose: Provide direct and indirect services to primarily but not exclusively Female Veterans with the objective of achieving long-term housing and financial stability. Improve the quality of life, enhance social functioning, and empower program participants. Aide in contributing to building long-term sustainability within the lives of Veteran clients. Connect program participants with the services and resources necessary to help achieve and maintain their goal of long-term stability and independence goals.
- Minimum requirement: Masters in Social Work (MSW), Licensed Mental Health Care (LMHC), or Licensed Social Worker (LISW) from an accredited college or university in Mental Health Counseling or Human Services and 2 years of experience relatable to position.
- Experience, preferably in a program serving the homeless or similar population.
- Experience working with Substance Abuse and Mental Illness preferred.
- Respectful and considerate of the population being served.
- Familiarity with overall philosophy, purpose, and mission of Operation Stand Down Rhode Island.
- Veterans or immediate family members of Veterans highly encouraged to apply.
Essential Job Functions:
- Arrange screenings with assigned Veterans.
- Attending case conferences.
- An assessment is to be completed to identify the individual needs of the Veteran.
- An Independent Service Plan will be developed with participation of the Veteran.
- Make referrals and provide resources to address the individual needs of the Veterans,
- Explore the Veteran’s eligibility for referrals or information; this should be given high priority.
- Provides periodic reports to supervisor on the progress of each case including.
- Performs record-keeping functions required by the agency.
- Identifies residents in need of external services and contacts other social services agencies.
*Salary commensurate with experience and overall knowledge of the job and the clients being served. Send resume to [email protected] or click ‘Apply Now’.
Job Summary: The SSVF Case Manager will work under the supervision of the SSVF Program Director. The Case Manager will guide low income veteran families through the housing stability process, connecting them to resources and providing direct assistance as needed, with the goal of stabilizing housing for veteran families who are literally homeless and those who are in danger of losing their homes.
The SSVF Case Manager is detailed-oriented and organized, possess client engagement and motivational skills, can juggle multiple tasks, keeps, is comfortable using MS Office and data entry systems including HMIS, ETO and Salesforce, has a strong aptitude for learning, is friendly, and has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Responsibilities: Provide Housing Stabilization services including, but not limited to Case Management
- Develop assessments of client needs.
- Develop a Housing Stability Plan that will ensure the stability of household needs.
- Provide clients with VA, state and local benefits.
- Administer and provide Temporary Financial Assistance as needed
- Provide clients with referrals for services through the Resource Specialist
- Provide follow-up services to clients.
- Maintain an organized and accurate client file system
- Provide data and narrative information for periodic reports
Requirements: This position requires interest in nonprofit organizations; ability to work well and in a professional manner with others; ability to handle sensitive organizational information with discretion; and a professional appearance and demeanor.
This position requires a four-year college degree or two years of administrative experience in programs involved in the delivery of services to low-income families. Any acceptable combination of education and experience would be considered as satisfying these requirements.
*Salary Commensurate w/ experience. Veteran status preferred but not required. Send resume to [email protected] or click ‘Apply Now’.
1010 Hartford Ave.
Johnston, Rhode Island 02919