1010 Hartford Avenue
Johnston, RI 02919
Request for Proposals
5 Convent St. Floor Replacement & Painting
Operation Stand Down Rhode Island (OSDRI) is a non-profit organization that has served as the primary resource for homeless and at-risk veterans for over 30 years. Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Johnston, our mission is to strengthen the veteran community by providing crucial wrap-around services.
Description and specifications of project:
This project consists of removal and replacement and painting of the common areas in a 3-story apartment building at 5 Convent Street, Providence, RI 02908
- Removal of existing carpet and underlying floor padding in main hallways/stairs
- Disposal of old flooring
- Prep floor for vinyl glue, suitable for commercial building and high foot traffic areas
- Install rubber stair treads and risers
- Paint walls in common areas, entry area, halls, trim, 26 doors and ceilings on three (3) floors (paint only hallway side of the doors for tenant units).
- Remove all debris from site.
- This includes all applicable permits.
- All bids must be completed in accordance with all applicable federal/local regulations and guidelines included within the Federal Construction Contract Provisions attached hereto. All bidders must review and complete all the required forms included in the Federal Construction Contract Provisions and the WBE/MBE forms for their bids to be considered “responsive”. This includes all prime/subcontractors.
- All prospective bidders must provide their Federal Tax ID number, Unique Identifier number, DUNS number and attach copy of contractor’s registration with the State of Rhode Island. In addition, attach an insurance certificate with the City of Providence Department of Planning and Development as certificate holder.
- Davis Bacon/Prevailing wage rate applies to this project – Building as described on the attached current Wage Rate Decision sheet. Prospective bidders must specify the labor classification(s) being proposed.
- No bid bond is necessary.
- Minority participation MBE 10%/WBE10% goal for this project; Certification must be attached. If a bidder is unable to comply with the goals, the attached waiver request must be submitted with the proposal.
OSDRI shall receive bids for flooring removal, replacement, and painting, located at 5 Convent Street, in Providence, Rhode Island. All bids must be hand delivered by 11 a.m. on March 7th, 2023, to 1010 Hartford Avenue (Main Office), located in Johnston, Rhode Island.
Prior to bid submission, a mandatory job site visit/walkthrough will take place on Wednesday, February 15, 2023, by 4:30 p.m. Interested bidders must contact OSDRI to schedule a walkthrough time. The visit will include a review of the scope of work. Upon conclusion of the site visit, a bid package, including federal regulations and Davis Bacon wage rates, will be provided for interested bidders.
For questions, please contact Tyrone Smith, via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (401)-383-4730.
Bidders will be required to make positive efforts to use small and minority-owned business and to offer employment, training, and contracting opportunities. Individuals requiring interpreter services for the hearing-impaired should notify the Facilities Management Department by calling (401-709-2201 seventy-two (72) hours prior to any meeting or event.
For More Information
Operation Stand Down Rhode Island