Veteran Food Pantry (Hartford Avenue, Johnston)
Operation Stand Down Rhode Island provides free food and hygiene products to local veterans in need. The food pantry is located at the 1010 Hartford Avenue, Johnston, Rhode Island 02919. The pantry is available Monday thru Friday from 9:00 to 4:00. The pantry is supplied with donated food and items purchased by Operation Stand Down Rhode Island.
Those wishing to donate or hold food drives please contact Sherry Elderkin 1-800-861-8387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Veteran Court Mentor Program
Operation Stand Down Rhode Island is proud to support the Rhode Island Veteran Treatment Court Mentors Program.
The mission of the Veterans Treatment Court is to successfully rehabilitate participants, on a case-by-case basis, by providing the tools and skills necessary to address veterans’ unique challenges to reintegrate successfully into society and to maintain a productive and law abiding lifestyle within the community.
Goals of the Veterans Treatment Court:
- Reduce criminal recidivism.
- Recognize and treat unseen/invisible injuries resulting from combat or other trauma/servicerelated conditions.
- Facilitate productive reintegration into community.
- Increase compliance with court ordered conditions.
- Successfully address behavioral health issues.
- Promote accountability
- Balance needs and expectations of maintaining a safe society with appropriate treatment and rehabilitation.